I often get asked what my go-to holiday gift ideas are. Not all my gifts are decor pieces. It’s often function that I look for in holiday gifts. Here are my top gift ideas this year that will fit nicely into any décor, and of course, are functional.
1. Stocking Stuffer with a Purpose – I love it when companies tie in a charity. Bouclair recently launched a campaign with Starlight Foundation where all proceeds from the purchase of their Nutcracker Oscar goes to the foundation – a great stocking stuffer, table place card or center piece at only $2.00. www.bouclair.com
2. For your Pooch – So many people have dogs these days, and if you are a dog owner yourself you know that there is often a stocking and many presents under the tree for your hound. My new dog bed collection is reversible and fully washable – not just the cover, the entire bed. I’ve also created throw cushions to match your dog bed. Now your puppy can rest and relax in style. Available at shop.ca
3. Baby, it’s Cold Outside – I am in love with the luxuriously soft comfort of the Sunbeam new heated throw. Its deep colour and soft royal mink plush fabric (faux of course) make it the perfect gift for cold winter nights. It also has a great safety feature: it turns off in three hours so even if you doze off in its comfort, it will automatically turn off. Available at Walmart.
4. Healthy Holidays – You may not know this about me but I am very health conscious. I love anything to do with organic and healthy eating. As the New Year approaches I’m sure you’ll hear of many people who want to get healthy for their resolution – why not help them this year? Panasonic has a great new slow juicer that features a superior slow squeezing system that protects nutrients for maximum juicing results. On top of that, its sleek and compact design will add elegance to any kitchen countertop. http://www.panasonic.com/
5.Cooking in Style – I have been in love with copper cookware forever. It’s a great gift if you want to pamper yourself or if you really want to go above and beyond for that special someone on your list. As a bonus not only does it look pretty, it has the durability of stainless steel and is the only induction-capable set. KitchenAid.ca
6. The Gift of Hope – Like many people I know, I love to give back. During the holidays, if that someone on your list already has everything they want or need, why not give them something that will help someone else? Plan Canada has so many great options from colourful eco friendly necklaces, to clean water for families, to helping to send a girl to school. I am a huge animal advocate so I love the idea of gifting a goat to help impact a family’s health and income. These are truly meaningful and heart warming gifts to give and receive. http://www.plangifts.ca/
7. Holiday Mix-ologist - A blender is a great addition to your holiday bar. Set up the fixings, print your favourite drink recipes and play bartender for the night. Your guests will love this! I love the look of the new KitchenAid Torrent Blender. The unique front-loading design is so stylish I’d even recommend you keep it on your counter year round as an accent piece. http://www.kitchenaid.ca
8. Tick Tock – I love the esthetic and functionality of the Phillips Wake-up Light. It fits nicely onto a bedroom side table and it also looks great. It doubles as a nighttime light and instead of waking up to a blaring alarm, it wakes you up gently by gradually increasing the light in your room (like a natural sunrise), which helps people to wake up in a more pleasant state of mind. This year, help someone start the New Year off right each morning. http://www.philips.ca/
With items this great, you can wrap up your holiday shopping easily. Just remember to write your own name on the list – and treat yourself to the items you most desire too!
Have a wonderful holiday, and a Happy New Year!
Until next time w&c girl!